Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Trend Alert: Old Lady Inspired

The first Trend Alert of 2012! I absolutely LOVE this tween trend, I love the irony of it! So here is my Trend Alert!



This winter-spring, old lady inspired pieces are huge! Lace, pastels, floral, the works. I find on girls my age, it looks so cool because it's unexpected. Many places carry pieces of this ironic trend, especially H&M, Zara, Urban Outfitters and American Apparel. The trick to this trend is to choose modern cuts, but with vintage prints, fabrics and pastel colors. You should always pair a vintage top with a modern bottom for this trend to work. My ideal look is a pastel colored sweater, with black dress shorts and tights and leather boots. If dress shorts are too much for you,(they can be!) pair the sweater with jeans and pears. Lace tights can look amazing when paired with a modern dress! So just choose modern cuts and pair vintage pieces with modern bottoms, and you have the perfect vintage look!

Hope you enjoyed!

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment